We are looking for an awesome technical writer to join our engineering team in Berlin or Dornbirn (Austria).
Crate.io has developed a next-generation SQL database, capable of scaling to process billions of rows of data very easily. The powerful, open source distributed database can be installed, operated and programmed very easily. Our ambitions reach out to allow any developer to run and maintain a highly available backend as simply as running an app server. We are growing our engineering team to include technical writing specialists who are equally comfortable producing copy for user documentation as they are defining the process and tooling for document production.
If this sounds like the work environment you want to work in we’d love to hear from you!
What to expect on a typical day
- Create user-facing docs
- Act as a center of excellence for technical writing within our engineering team
- Identify areas for improvement in existing documentation content and tooling
- Planning and scheduling the tech writing in coordination with the engineers
- Working together with your epic and supportive team members
How you will get things done
- We use scrum to push our product forward
- You think out of the box and are able to find new, creative and if need be, unconventional solutions
- You will fail, make mistakes, and start again - that’s ok. It’s called learning.
- You are an awesome team player
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in the development of technical documentation for users
- Strong understanding of technical material tooling and process
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Enjoy working on new and edgy stuff
Brownie Points for...
- An understanding of database and software development technology
- Participation in Tech Writing communities, such as Write The Docs
Our Recruitment Process
We promise not to waste your time and process your applications as fast as we can.
Here is how it works:
- After an initial filter of applications, successful candidates will be invited to a short call with Isabelle from the Berlin office to get to know each other better
- On successful completion, the next step is an extended video conference with the team leader
- After that follows a face-to-face meeting with the team at the closest office (Berlin or Dornbirn) including a test of your technical problem solving skills
- Final interview with one of the company founders
- You’ll get an amazing job offer :)
Does this sound like your new job? Then please send us your application (CV, Github Account and short cover letter or email explaining the reasons for your interest) including your earliest starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org!