We are looking for an awesome field engineer to join our engineering team in Berlin or Dornbirn (Austria).
Crate.io has developed a next-generation SQL database, capable of scaling to process billions of rows of data very easily. The powerful, open source distributed database can be installed, operated and programmed very easily. Our ambitions reach out to allow any developer to run and maintain a highly available backend as simply as running an app server.
What To Expect On A Typical Day
Working with Crate's wide variety of users and customers to help them disrupt the way they think about data: a typical day includes solving various issues in high-profile production environments, onboarding potential users, managing and tracking issues for our development teams, and reading up on new technology. Be the friendly, welcoming voice of the company for our users. Additionally, you will hold the occasional talk at conferences or meetups, blog about the work we and others do, visit customers on site and act as a hub for who does what, where, and when inside and outside Crate.io
How You Will Get Things Done
- You will use Kanban to get stuff done
- You think out of the box and are able to find new, creative and if need be, unconventional solutions and communicate them
- You will ask a lot of questions
- You will fail, make mistakes, and start again - that’s ok. It’s called learning.
- You are an awesome team player
Skills & Requirements
- Software engineering background (either bachelor's degree or practical experience)
- Systems engineering experience
- Great problem solving skills with an open mind for creative solutions
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to track multiple tasks for multiple users, concurrently
- Friendly and helpful demeanour for working with a wide variety of users from different cultures
- Excellent English-language verbal and written skills
- Natural curiosity to explore and learn a wide range of technology
Brownie Points For …
- German language skills
- Requirements engineering experience
- 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd level support experience for a technology product
- Technical presales experience
- Experience working within open source communities (if applicable, please send us your Github account)
Our Recruitment Process
We promise not to waste your time and process your applications as fast as we can.
Here is how it works:
- After an initial filter of applications, successful candidates will be invited to a short call with Isabelle from the Berlin office to get to know each other better
- On successful completion, the next step is an extended video conference with the team leader
- After that follows a face-to-face meeting with the team at the closest office (Berlin or Dornbirn) including a test of your technical problem solving skills
- Final interview with one of the company founders
- You’ll get an amazing job offer :)
Does this sound like your new job? Then please send us your application (CV, Github Account and short cover letter or email explaining the reasons for your interest) including your earliest starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org!