Crate.IO is the fast, scalable and easy to use SQL database with native full text search. Our mission is to Put Data to work. Simply. We do this by providing an easily scalable database with a familiar and powerful SQL frontend and native search capabilities. Our setup takes minutes, and not hours. Our users have found that Crate.IO provides them vastly improved performance at lower cost and with more simplicity than other traditional databases, enabling them to create entirely new services and apps that were impossible before. We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
Our Developer Relations team is comprised of engineers who love the coolest new technology and thrive by connecting with other developers who share similar passions. This is the team behind all the technical content on Crate.IO, as well as the people you’re likely to see speaking at conferences and meet-ups worldwide.
This team is the advocate for third party developers’ needs within Crate.IO and are passionate evangelists for our technology in the outside world, developers who are building applications and businesses that showcase Crate.IO’s platform. This role is for engineers who love connecting with other developers and partners, enjoy teaching, speaking or writing about cutting-edge technologies and who find it natural to engage with other developers on social media.
- Create momentum and drive the success of Crate.IO’s product through your interactions with third-party developers building applications and businesses on them.
- Advocate the adoption of Crate.IO’s product to strategic partners and the broader developer community. Participate in technical and design discussions with technical executives at strategic partners to speed adoption and ensure best practices during implementation.
- Champion our developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, videos writing technical tutorials and other similar activities.
- Advocate for developers internally, and influence Crate.IO’s product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience, preferably also experience working directly with partners.
- Experience as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, CTO, or consultant.
- Ability to construct complex and efficient SQL queries.
- Being a team player and work with a distributed team.
- Experience in fields relating to Crate, such as databases, scalable databases, NoSQL or large-scale applications a plus.
- Familiarity with other up-to-date technologies and trends is a plus.
What We Offer
- Market-based compensation
- Young and dynamic team
- International Flair
- Opportunity to have tremendous impact in Crate, and the big data world.
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting start-ups (and a proud winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2014)
- After reviewing your profile we’ll schedule a video interview with one of the founders - Christian, Jodok or Bernd.
- On successful completion, the next step is a face-to-face meeting with the team at the closest office (Berlin, Dornbirn or San Francisco)
- You’ll get an amazing job offer :)
We try hard to make this process as quick and smooth as possible. We promise to respond quickly and respect your time.