Are you inspired by open source and an agile work environment?
We are looking for experienced engineers who will contribute to building a new breed of database: a distributed SQL database, aimed at Big Data, that is massively scalable and dead simple to use.
Our company was built in 2013 with the vision of developing a database which is great for users, developers and, most importantly, for back-end services that truly scale. Traditional databases don’t offer this; we’re building the solution!
As a software engineer at Crate.io you will work in small, agile teams and directly impact the future of the product. Our engineers need to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. We love what we do and are total geeks at heart. Our teams enjoy a great deal of freedom and love to take responsibility for the things they create, which is also supported by our company-wide use of Scrum. That is what we expect from you because, honestly, we hate micromanagement.
If this sounds like the work environment you want to work in we’d love to hear from you!
What To Expect On A Typical Day
- You will write code at the heart of our next-gen, distributed database
- Test-driven development of high-performance Java
- Benchmarks and performance optimizations
- Contribute to upstream projects
- Improve and maintain the tooling around our product lifecycle
- Problem solving with your epic and supportive team members
How you will get things done
- We use scrum to push our product forward
- You think out of the box and are able to find new, creative and if need be, unconventional solutions
- You will fail, make mistakes, and start again - that’s ok. It’s called learning.
- You are an awesome team player
Skills & Requirements
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, (distributed) algorithms and software design
- Extensive professional (3yr+) experience as a developer
- Java Black Belt
- Experience with test driven development
- Fluent English
Brownie Points For …
- Experience with asynchronous programming, Netty, Elasticsearch, Lucene, Big Data and Map Reduce (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Pig), databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.)
- Experience with scrum
- Open Source contributions (please send us your Github etc. Account details)
- Existing public appearances (meetups, conferences)
Our Recruitment Process
We promise not to waste your time and process your applications as fast as we can.
Here is how it works:
- After an initial filter of applications, successful candidates will be invited to a short call with Isabelle from the Berlin office to get to know each other better
- On successful completion, the next step is an extended video conference with the team leader
- After that follows a face-to-face meeting with the team at the closest office (Berlin or Dornbirn) including a test of your technical problem solving skills
- Final interview with one of the company founders
- You’ll get an amazing job offer :)
Does this sound like your new job? Then please send us your application (CV, Github Account and short cover letter or email explaining the reasons for your interest) including your earliest starting date to email@example.com!