Crate.io is partially supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to extend its horizontally scalable realtime SQL database with additional features required for enterprise usage and for the realization of the project “Distributed Machine Learning on the Edge".
Projected Goals and Outcomes
- Expand CrateDB with a plugin infrastructure
- Versioned storage - backup and restore of database snapshots in a distributed environment
- Automatic adaptive data organization in an production cluster
- Implementation of SSL secured communication to the cluster nodes and between the nodes
- Marketing and introduction of the enterprise version to the global market
- Use the full power of the .NET platform and CrateDB to create enterprise ready applications
Project “Distributed Machine Learning on the Edge” (August 18 - March 2020)
The goal of the project "Distributed Machine Learning on the Edge" is to offer software modules that are designed to push possibilities for data analyses and preparation for the IoT environment.
The project will provide three different modules which will deliver the best outcome when used in combination. The modules are:
- Ingest: strong functionalities for requesting, adapting and passing on data
- Enrichment: enriching data in an efficient and useful way
- Action: based on input data, intelligent algorithms will provide recommended actions and/or trigger regulative measurements