Day 1 is almost over - time for a short blogpost, while the team enjoys some cheese and beer :)
What have we been working on today?
- cratex: Christian (@apfelente) and Philipp (@onkelbogi) started working on a native OSX Client for Crate.
- Bernd (@dobe) and Basti (@einsmu) are working on Crate benchmarks. Their Python Fabric script It will make it supereasy to run them. E.g. to compare different Crate.
- Hooray! Jürgen doubled the speed of crate-python. It seems that the requests library added some overhead and urllib3 is way faster.
- The Admin UI finally got some long awaited features (thanks @burnes_ernesto): The SQL console not has history support for executed SQL queries, including keyboard only support. It will also be possible to store queries in local storage for future reuse.
- User Defined Functions (UDF) with Python looks really promising! Mathias (@mfussenegger) and Bernd (@quodt) showed a working prototype that was able to execute UDFs.
- More Languages! Christoph (@corck) published the first crate_ruby gem. It even supports BLOBs.
- craterl Not much more to say. Good job Peter (@petersabaini) and Matthias (@mwahl)!
- Stephan and Igor connect Node.js and Crate. The combination of non-blocking JS and Crate looks really promising!
- Last but not least - we now have a portable Testcluster powered by Intel NUCs!